Hello Belize Golfers,
We have a busy few weeks/months of golf coming up so I hope you have plenty of free time.
Saturday - August 27th 2011.
The 8th Monthly tournament of the year with players from both the BAGA and BGA competing at the Roaring River Golf Course. We need prize donations. Many of you have offered great prizes over the last few months. Can we see some other players offer something?? Bottle of wine, cash, etc.
It is also a Rollover week as we have $110 from last months tournament to go into the side pot. Big money this month :-)
The race for the top scores for the year is hotting up in both Gross and Net Categories. Be there or you may fall to far behind.
Saturday and Sunday - September 17th and 18th 2011.
The Belize Open is at the Roaring River Course. With players from all over the world competing in this years tournament.
We will be taking registration for this 2 day tournament very soon.
This will include 2 days of tournament stroke play, a free practice round on friday, opening presentation/dinner on Friday night in Belmopan and on Sunday the presentation buffet.
We will be offering accommodation in the Belmopan area for players looking for somewhere comfortable to stay and save on your driving.
We also need sponsors for this competition, so any companies or individuals wishing to get involved, sponsoring holes and putting up prizes, we welcome your offers. Please reply to this email or call Andy on 651 9929. This tournament will be filmed by international TV channel and by the local Belizean Media.
Remember for members of the BAGA and BGA this is a double points tournament, so if you wish to make your mark on the yearly points tables this is the time for your game to peak.
More information to follow soon.
BAGA 2011 Matchplay Tournament
The search for the BAGA 2011 Match play champion begins soon. Who is going to de-throne last years champion Mickey Thornton?
The format is different this year.
• Open to BAGA and BGA Members.
• Pairings will be drawn by BAGA committee. It will be a seeded draw.
• Maximum Handicap of 24 for men and 28 for women.
• You starting handicap will be used for all matches in the tournament.
• Handicap Match Play over 18 holes. For example if an 18 handicapper plays a 10 handicapper (8 strokes difference), the 18 handicapper will receive 1 stroke on each of the 8 hardest holes.
• Once you have received your pairing you will organize with your competitor a date to play.
• Straight knockout. Winning player proceeds to the next round. Losing player retreats to lick wounds and ponder where they went wrong :-)
• Players will be given a deadline for each round to be played. Dates to be announced.
• The loser of match 20 and 21 will playoff for 3rd place. The winners will play for the 1st Place Trophy.
• If you schedule a date to play but both of you decide to change the date this is ok, providing you complete your game before the deadline.
• Players MUST copy the BAGA on their email communication so we know that every effort from both players has been made to arrange the game.
• Players must forward their match date to the BAGA as soon as it is agreed.
• In the event that the players do not play their game within the deadline, they will both be disqualified from the Tournament.
• If a player does not turn up on the organized day he/she will be disqualified.
• BAGA committee of Mickey Thornton, Paul Martin, Andy Hunt, Sam Mathias, John Sansone and Tim Heath will have the final decision on player’s disputes.
• Match Play is NOT ALLOWED on another competition day.
• $20 to enter.
• Green Fee of $50 per match to be paid to Roaring River Golf Course.
1st Place : $200 - Medal and Name on BAGA Match Play trophy at the Club House.
2nd Place - $100 - Medal
3rd Place - $50 - Medal
SIGN UP :
We need :
$20 Entry Fee.
Closing date for entry is August 27th 2011 at the next monthly tournament.
Your Email Address.
Your Telephone number.
You can email me back your entry information and pay the $20 at the next tournament on 27th August.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR GOLF WEBSITE : http://belizegolf.blogspot.com/
Belize Amateur Golf Association
PO Box 107, Belmopan
Cayo District, Belize, C.A.
"Promoting the game of golf in Belize"